META offers many EMIS service options for ease of state reporting.
EMIS, ODE, core, Education Management Information System
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) established the Education Management Information System (EMIS) in 1989 to serve as the statewide collection system for Ohio’s education. EMIS has four primary functions: 1) state and federal reporting, 2) funding and distribution of payments, 3) academic accountability system and 4) generation of statewide and district reports.
As part of our core service offerings, META provides our members with the knowledge, tools and expertise they need to report accurate and timely EMIS data to ODE and the Office of Civil Rights. Our EMIS core services include:
- Helpdesk: Our Web Helpdesk ticketing system is available 24/7 for any questions that arise!
- Training & Communication:
- Workshops: These informative training sessions are open to all member district staff and are scheduled by META.
- Workdays: More personalized than workshops, workdays are informative coaching sessions in which member district EMIS staff are able to get hands-on support from META’s team.
- Standing Meetings: These events are targeted to help members prepare, validate and report data to EMIS. Attendees receive step sheets and other relevant documentation created by META.
- Updates: META provides relevant and timely updates regarding EMIS reporting. Updates are provided on a regular basis via an established mailing list.
- Report Creation: META creates customized reports based on our members' needs. Member-specific customizations can be secured through META’s EMIS Extended Support.
- Monitor Required Reporting: META continuously monitors EMIS reporting requirements in order to keep members informed and compliant.